Who doesn't love jalapeño poppers?? This is a simple version that requires no deep frying or breading. Great for gluten free friends or family. Adding our sweet and spicy Apricot Peach Habanero jam spices things up and adds extra flavor. This appetizer is awesome because it requires a small amount of ingredients and is fairly inexpensive to make, even if you are making a lot of them.
The amount of ingredients depends on how many you are feeding. Feel free to add herbs or spices to your cream cheese if you would like, but the jam provides a lot of flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove seeds and ribs. Please keep in mind that jalapeños can really burn your skin. It would be a good idea to wear plastic gloves to protect your skin. Also it can be helpful to use a small spoon to remove the seeds and ribs once the pepper is cut in half.
- Fill with cream cheese. There is no specific amount necessary, just enough to fill the middle of the sliced pepper.
- Lay the jalapeño halve cut side up on a baking sheet
- Bake them for 15 minutes. If you cover your baking sheet with aluminum foil you won’t have to wash it later.
- Then add as much apricot habanero jam as you would like.
If you would like more recipies check out our other blogs or follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. We love getting feedback on your favorite recipies with our jams or if you try one of our recipies, let us know if you liked it! You can leave feedback and comments of Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook.